-
Router
Yes unfortunately I need to forward some ports (Azureus and others) to this machine.
But I tried that anyway and I can't activate the interface when I use DHCP...
The error message: Check that the network settings are correct and the machine connected to it.
But DHCP worked on the Knoppix LiveDVD 5.1.1 which I used! (was used to install to disk)
There are about 5 windows machines on DHCP on this network so I don't think there is a problem with the DHCP settings of the router.
The same thing happens when I use the DNS servers provided by my ISP. They disappear on a reboot or arbitrarily after some hours.
I've never seen such behaviour on this network and have been using a static IP on WinXP for more than 2 years so I'm pretty certain its something in my new setup or configuration. I have kept my WinXP partition and this doesn't seem to happen. DHCP works as well there.
Any ideas?
Do you think that changing the /etc/resolv.conf file permission to non-writeable is ok to try as a workaround?
Many thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Hunkah in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
-
By hal8000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By jeramy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 05:12 PM
-
By maddany in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 02:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ā Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)ā
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core⢠Ultra Series
$235.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99