Not to worry, I used proftpd instead and its working perfectly.
Hello,
I followed the instructions in http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/FTP_FAQ on how to enable the ftp server Knoppix comes bundled with and I can't access it using Konqueror.
I put in the Konqueror address bar
ftp://usernameassword@localhost
and Konqueror comes up with
An error occurred while loading ftp://localhost:
Could not connect to host localhost.
I also tried 127.0.0.1
Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks!
Not to worry, I used proftpd instead and its working perfectly.

Rainbow Apple Logo Travel Bag Computer Carrying Case Black Vintage
$250.00
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple III / External 5 1/4" Floppy Disk Drive A3M0004 - Untested
$120.00
Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck
$99.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99