This is interesting to me, since it was initially my problem, but I decided to download and try this with Knoppix 5.1.0 using the same list of switches and it booted fine the first time.
Oh, well, no 5.1.1 for me I guess.
Ok, I've looked through the forums quite a bit, and haven't found anything similar to this so far.
I recently took over upkeep compilation DVD that is used as a diagnostic tool. It has a CD bootable version of Windows, Knoppix, a DSL-based password reset tool and a few other odds and ends.
Unfortunately, my predecessor didn't leave any documentation about upgrading Knoppix on this DVD.
Anyway, I'm working my way through upgrading Knoppix to 5.1.1, and am encountering boot issues in the form of:
Cant' find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Some background info:
Knoppix is one tool among many on this DVD. There's an isolinux-based boot menu that allows you to choose which system you want to boot into.
On the DVD, Knoppix itself is in the \KNOPPIX folder and the standard boot commands for it are in \boot\isolinux. Currently, these are direct copies of the KNOPPIX and boot folders from the Knoppix ISO I downloaded.
The boot menu calls the following command when Knoppix is chosen:
This was basically the same code we used for the previous version, which booted without any problems.Code:kernel /boot/isolinux/linux APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz nomce noapic quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
Finally, I'm testing this on Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 running on Windows XP Pro SP2. This is booting from a Virtual DvD Drive. The pervious version of the DvD works in this environment, along with the Knoppix 5.1.1 CD ISO I downloaded.[/i]
This is interesting to me, since it was initially my problem, but I decided to download and try this with Knoppix 5.1.0 using the same list of switches and it booted fine the first time.
Oh, well, no 5.1.1 for me I guess.

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99