-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: ver 5.2

Originally Posted by
steven8234
I just got it in the mail but can't get it to completely load. I'm new to Linux have only messed with it for work and that was Redhat. Anyway it locks up about 2 seconds after the screen comes up and I can't figure it out so.......
If in the USA, type:
knoppix lang=us
at the boot prompt. The "=" character can be found by pressing the SHIFT-0 keys on your keyboard.
Then wait a LONG TIME for it to boot. For PCs that have the Intel SATA disk controllers (most newer Dells, for example), it could take up to 5 minutes of looking at the Penguin picture before the boot process starts moving along.
This long wait problem is supposed to be fixed in Linux kernel version 2.6.20 so hopefully Mr. Knopper will update the kernel when he releases Knoppix version 5.2.1
-
Senior Member
registered user
It is May already, any news.
It is May already, any news.
-
Junior Member
registered user
If you want to hurry 5.2.1 along, encourage Klaus at
http://knopper.net/pay/?lang=en&type=donation
-
Junior Member
registered user
-
It is legal? I don't think so ... .
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
pnti
It is legal? I don't think so ... .
I have an official permission to distribute KNOPPIX 5.2.
Marcel
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
pnti
It is legal? I don't think so ... .
Read the license terms. It should be legal.
KNOPPIX contains all open source software that is freely distributable.
So therefore it should be OK to freely distribute KNOPPIX 5.2 yourself as long as you follow the terms of the licenses.
-
Junior Member
registered user
i wish that we wouldn't even hear about these new releases until just days before. i'm tired of waiting for 5.2, moving on to bigger and better things.........
torp
-
I dont want to hurry people - just a question:
I need a new installation - should i install 5.2 DVD (this takes about 12GB+ !) or does it make sense to wait some more time for 5.2.1 CD? I mean, am i waiting for days or for months? 'just wanna know...
(I know that its a Debian and that its not supposed to be hd-installed - but that has always been exact the system i want, and thus this is the easiest way for me.
)
Greetings,
Posma Net.
-

Originally Posted by
posmanet
I dont want to hurry people - just a question:
I need a new installation - should i install 5.2 DVD (this takes about 12GB+ !) or does it make sense to wait some more time for 5.2.1 CD? I mean, am i waiting for days or for months? 'just wanna know...
(I know that its a Debian and that its not supposed to be hd-installed - but that has always been exact the system i want, and thus this is the easiest way for me.

)
Greetings,
Posma Net.
In recent releases there has been the ability to update your hd-installed knoppix from the files on the new CD/DVD. So I'd say there's no need to wait, go ahead and install 5.1.1 and when the update comes out, you can go through the mechanism to update it from the new files.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$399.99