Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: Knoppix 5.2

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    104

    Re: ver 5.2

    Quote Originally Posted by steven8234
    I just got it in the mail but can't get it to completely load. I'm new to Linux have only messed with it for work and that was Redhat. Anyway it locks up about 2 seconds after the screen comes up and I can't figure it out so.......
    If in the USA, type:

    knoppix lang=us

    at the boot prompt. The "=" character can be found by pressing the SHIFT-0 keys on your keyboard.

    Then wait a LONG TIME for it to boot. For PCs that have the Intel SATA disk controllers (most newer Dells, for example), it could take up to 5 minutes of looking at the Penguin picture before the boot process starts moving along.
    This long wait problem is supposed to be fixed in Linux kernel version 2.6.20 so hopefully Mr. Knopper will update the kernel when he releases Knoppix version 5.2.1

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    110

    It is May already, any news.

    It is May already, any news.

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    29
    If you want to hurry 5.2.1 along, encourage Klaus at
    http://knopper.net/pay/?lang=en&type=donation

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11

    KNOPPIX 5.2 available

    Hi guys,

    you can buy a KNOPPIX 5.2 DVD here: http://www.lidux.de/linux_cd_dvd/kno...-DVD::474.html

  5. #15
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland.
    Posts
    55
    It is legal? I don't think so ... .

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by pnti
    It is legal? I don't think so ... .
    I have an official permission to distribute KNOPPIX 5.2.

    Marcel

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by pnti
    It is legal? I don't think so ... .
    Read the license terms. It should be legal.

    KNOPPIX contains all open source software that is freely distributable.

    So therefore it should be OK to freely distribute KNOPPIX 5.2 yourself as long as you follow the terms of the licenses.

  8. #18
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    10
    i wish that we wouldn't even hear about these new releases until just days before. i'm tired of waiting for 5.2, moving on to bigger and better things.........

    torp

  9. #19
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    51
    I dont want to hurry people - just a question:

    I need a new installation - should i install 5.2 DVD (this takes about 12GB+ !) or does it make sense to wait some more time for 5.2.1 CD? I mean, am i waiting for days or for months? 'just wanna know...

    (I know that its a Debian and that its not supposed to be hd-installed - but that has always been exact the system i want, and thus this is the easiest way for me. )

    Greetings,
    Posma Net.

  10. #20
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by posmanet
    I dont want to hurry people - just a question:

    I need a new installation - should i install 5.2 DVD (this takes about 12GB+ !) or does it make sense to wait some more time for 5.2.1 CD? I mean, am i waiting for days or for months? 'just wanna know...

    (I know that its a Debian and that its not supposed to be hd-installed - but that has always been exact the system i want, and thus this is the easiest way for me. )

    Greetings,
    Posma Net.
    In recent releases there has been the ability to update your hd-installed knoppix from the files on the new CD/DVD. So I'd say there's no need to wait, go ahead and install 5.1.1 and when the update comes out, you can go through the mechanism to update it from the new files.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 Expansion Interface Fully Upgraded Max 32k Ram picture

Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 Expansion Interface Fully Upgraded Max 32k Ram

$400.00



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25

Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC

$89.66



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Toshiba Satellite A Series picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite A Series

$250.00



VINTAGE IBM THINKPAD T43p Pentium M 2.13GHz 2GB RAM OEM WIN XP W/CHARGER picture

VINTAGE IBM THINKPAD T43p Pentium M 2.13GHz 2GB RAM OEM WIN XP W/CHARGER

$299.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE picture

VINTAGE HEWLETT PACKARD HP 110 LAPTOP WITH CARRYING CASE

$350.00



Dell Inspiron 8100 PP01X Windows XP Era Laptop for parts no HDD vintage READ picture

Dell Inspiron 8100 PP01X Windows XP Era Laptop for parts no HDD vintage READ

$89.95



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37