I guess Klaus doesn't love us anymore.
It's now August 15thand no sign of Knoppix 5.2.1
Hopefully it will be out soon
I guess Klaus doesn't love us anymore.
have you noiticed that not one person has posted any problems or issues relating to the limited edition already DVD released knoppix 5.2, maybe it is so perfect that no improvement is necessary or possible![]()
ELSE, the showmanship of the 5.2 DVD release has stiffled testing in the general knoppix community and thus held back progress by a good six months so far.
Is 5.2 available to other than purchasers of c`t magazine or that guy who sells disks from europe?
My bittorrent client has been receiving 20KBps for days and if it ever finishes I expect it not to md5sum.
That guy in europe being marft.
I need to apologize to the people who set up the Knoppix 5.2 torrent and to the people who wrote the btdownloadcurses client. My 5.2 torrent download completed and passed checksum test.
I still have one problem, even though I booted with the line knoppix lang=us , and the keyboard changed to english mode, all the applications are still in deutsch. Help please.
I downloaded the 5.2 dvd, and it appears great, but it is all in German even with the Keyboard=US option or Lang=EN option. Somethings change but not most things so I can not use it since I unfortunately do not know German. It does look good otherwise. I am eagerly awaiting 5.2.1.
Maybe this will help:
1. Get 5.2 running in German.
2. Select the K Menu button.
3. Select Kontrollzentrum.
4. Select Regionaleinstellungen.
5. Select Land/Region & Sprache.
6. Select Sprache Hinzufugen.
7. Select US-Englisch.
8. Select US English.
9. Select Anwenden.
10. Select OK.
11. Wait.
12. Select Datei.
13. Select Beenden.
14. Select K Menu button.
15. Select Abmelden.
16. Select Aktuelle Sitzung Beenden.
17. Wait.
18 Enjoy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The humor-impaired should stop reading here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of you Deutsch sprechen sheisskopfen could have helped an inbred hillbilly out a little with this one.
Thank you.
That worked like a charm. Now I can finally start using the 5.2 dvd.
Thank you
Neeraj
Err... I don't mean to be a moaner , but when is Knoppix 5.2 going to be released? As in, an official bittorrent link and FTP and HTTP mirrors.
Because... I need ntfs-3g v1.0!!! This feature in Knoppix is going to make it kick-arse when using it to recover files from a computer!
Otherwise, what is the recommendation of others? Download Knoppix 5.2 from bittorrent anyway (e.g. the one listed on Mininova: http://www.mininova.org/tor/625498)?

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM
$97.97
HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Intel Xeon E-2388G 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU Processor LGA 1151 SRKMZ
$749.99