-
Help .. I can not make changes to the XORG.CONF file
I have been trying to change the screen resolution in xorg.conf and I edit the file as root, but somehow after rebooting the xorg.conf file is unchanged and the the changes I made are not there.
I i'm booting from a vmware hard drive.
any clue what is going on here?
I installed Knoppix 5.1.1 from the LiveCd to a vmware virtual hard drive. everyting works ok and changes done are kept after I reboot but the exception is this file XORG.CONF in the /etc/X11 directory that not matter what I change in it the next time I reboot the file is untouched, unchanged ... don't know why this is happening.
Similar Threads
-
By snarkyFish in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2009, 01:01 AM
-
By elightbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2007, 12:11 PM
-
By larrycow in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 10:23 PM
-
By t0rp3d0 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 09:48 PM
-
By pat reen in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 02:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00