Can you login at an alternate console?
Try ctrl-alt-delete
See if you can login as root and check /var/log/messages
I had this once on an early knoppix, turns out kde could not start because my normal user account was not setup properly.
I just installed knoppix 5.0 on my computer. I also have xp pro. I cannot log in and it gives me the error that the DCOP sever cannot be started.
Can you login at an alternate console?
Try ctrl-alt-delete
See if you can login as root and check /var/log/messages
I had this once on an early knoppix, turns out kde could not start because my normal user account was not setup properly.
Try my suggestions listed in the following thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...highlight=dcop
Hope this helps
-Justin
One Mynds Eye

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00