-
Swap is not recognized
I want to install knoppix to my laptop and want it to occupy the whole disk. So I created 2 partitions: / and swap on hda, but later knx-hdinstall could not identify swap partition, and gave me a message that there is no swap partition on hda. After that the installatation just stopped.
I'm wondering what was happening here and how to fix it?
PS: I just found the following error message during the boot process:
"hptraid: Error reading superblock"
Is it the cause of the problem?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Swap is not recognized
--Put the swap partition 1st, make sure it is hda1, type 82, at least 256Meg.
--Put root as hda2, type 83, at least 2300Meg.
--If fdisk tells you the old partition table is still in use by the kernel after you 'w'rite it to disk, reboot.
--Then run ' mkswap -c /dev/hda1 ' and ' swapon /dev/hda1 ', then knx-hdinstall. Keep the board posted with results.

Originally Posted by
fluberman
I want to install knoppix to my laptop and want it to occupy the whole disk. So I created 2 partitions: / and swap on hda, but later knx-hdinstall could not identify swap partition, and gave me a message that there is no swap partition on hda. After that the installatation just stopped.
I'm wondering what was happening here and how to fix it?
PS: I just found the following error message during the boot process:
"hptraid: Error reading superblock"
Is it the cause of the problem?
Similar Threads
-
By god0815 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 01:26 PM
-
By vulcano2060 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 02:01 PM
-
By Kluk-Kluk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 09:51 AM
-
By cbr in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 09:28 PM
-
By SerenityNet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-26-2003, 04:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50