I just installed knoppix 5.0 on my computer. I also have xp pro. I cannot log in and it gives me the error that the DCOP sever cannot be started.
I just installed knoppix 5.0 on my computer. I also have xp pro. I cannot log in and it gives me the error that the DCOP sever cannot be started.
Can you login at an alternate console?
Try ctrl-alt-delete
See if you can login as root and check /var/log/messages
I had this once on an early knoppix, turns out kde could not start because my normal user account was not setup properly.
Try my suggestions listed in the following thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...highlight=dcop
Hope this helps
-Justin
One Mynds Eye

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Air Duster Vacuum 3 in 1 110000RPM 14500pa HEPA Handheld Keyboard
$63.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99