-
Two Questions About Knoppix
Hi, I am new and have never used any other OS aside from Windows. A couple months ago my PC suffered a huge issue that left it offline for months. When I came back, everything was working, but Windows is no longer showing a ton my MP3 files (It says I have 49, but I know I have 3,762 (I use Winamp for music, and the Media Library monitors the amount of MP3s I have).
I know for a fact the data is still there, because all of them still play in Winamp.
My first question is, if I run Knoppix, will it show ALL files, including those Windows doesn't see?
And if yes to that, my second question is; Will I be able to use Knoppix to access Nero Burning Rom and Burn them as Data for Backup?
My hope is to use Knoppix to burn the files as data, then reformat my Slave hard drive, then put the data back on as freash data.
If this is possible, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
as to if it will show the files, no idea, probably.
as to nero, No.
BUT Knoppix has something called K3B, it is somewhat like Nero.
So if you have two cd or DVD drives you can boot knoppix from one (preferably not the burner) and use K3B to burn CD's or DVD's (depending on what your burner manages).
-
Ok, at least I got a solid awnser on the first one. Ill try it out, and hopefully it works.
I need to back up all my data, my second hard drive is going to die soon.
Similar Threads
-
By tworiversfolk in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-30-2006, 08:54 PM
-
By Vyper in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:05 PM
-
By |2yan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 07:49 AM
-
By Jorah in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 05:37 AM
-
By NickT in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$255.98

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99