Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Two Questions About Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2

    Two Questions About Knoppix

    Hi, I am new and have never used any other OS aside from Windows. A couple months ago my PC suffered a huge issue that left it offline for months. When I came back, everything was working, but Windows is no longer showing a ton my MP3 files (It says I have 49, but I know I have 3,762 (I use Winamp for music, and the Media Library monitors the amount of MP3s I have).

    I know for a fact the data is still there, because all of them still play in Winamp.

    My first question is, if I run Knoppix, will it show ALL files, including those Windows doesn't see?

    And if yes to that, my second question is; Will I be able to use Knoppix to access Nero Burning Rom and Burn them as Data for Backup?

    My hope is to use Knoppix to burn the files as data, then reformat my Slave hard drive, then put the data back on as freash data.

    If this is possible, please let me know.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    as to if it will show the files, no idea, probably.
    as to nero, No.
    BUT Knoppix has something called K3B, it is somewhat like Nero.
    So if you have two cd or DVD drives you can boot knoppix from one (preferably not the burner) and use K3B to burn CD's or DVD's (depending on what your burner manages).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2
    Ok, at least I got a solid awnser on the first one. Ill try it out, and hopefully it works.

    I need to back up all my data, my second hard drive is going to die soon.

Similar Threads

  1. some questions about knoppix 4.0.2 DVD
    By tworiversfolk in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 08:54 PM
  2. Knoppix 4.0.2 Questions
    By Vyper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:05 PM
  3. Few Questions about Knoppix
    By |2yan in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 07:49 AM
  4. New to Knoppix some questions
    By Jorah in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 05:37 AM
  5. Knoppix questions
    By NickT in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM picture

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM

$286.00



Kingston HyperX Fury 128GB DDR4-2933 CL17 Desktop Ram (8x 16GB), HX429C17FB/16 picture

Kingston HyperX Fury 128GB DDR4-2933 CL17 Desktop Ram (8x 16GB), HX429C17FB/16

$589.00



16 GB Kit  Samsung 2 x 8GB DDR5 SO-DIMM PC5-4800 Non-ECC RAM M425R1GB4BB0-CQK0L picture

16 GB Kit Samsung 2 x 8GB DDR5 SO-DIMM PC5-4800 Non-ECC RAM M425R1GB4BB0-CQK0L

$175.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black picture

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black

$429.94



LOT OF 4  Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ picture

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ

$469.95



16GB Kit SK Hynix 2 x 8GB DDR5  Laptop SODIMM RAM4800MHz 1Rx16 PC5-4800B picture

16GB Kit SK Hynix 2 x 8GB DDR5 Laptop SODIMM RAM4800MHz 1Rx16 PC5-4800B

$175.00