I am trying the poor man´s installation as described in http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition.
Part of the procedure are changes to the config.sys in order to generate a boot menue where the choice between Win98 and Grub/Linux is presented. The Wiki does not describe the changes in config.sys in detail. So I did what I thought was necessary and surprisingly it worked, but when i boot into Win98 with the new config.sys I get an error message about gemback.exe causing problem in the kernel. Gemback.exe is part of the AMD power now application...
When I reinstall the old config.sys there is no error message. My tired eyes don´t see what in my config.sys could cause any problems for gemback.exe and what I could do about it. Any ideas?
This is what the old config.sys looked like before
device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
Country=049,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys
This is the new config.sys:
[MENU]
menuitem=Win,Windows98
menuitem=GRUB,Linux
MENUDEFAULT=Win,5
[GRUB]
SHELL=GRUB.EXE
[Win]
device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
Country=049,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95