-
Poor Man´s Installation and the config.sys
I am trying the poor man´s installation as described in http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition.
Part of the procedure are changes to the config.sys in order to generate a boot menue where the choice between Win98 and Grub/Linux is presented. The Wiki does not describe the changes in config.sys in detail. So I did what I thought was necessary and surprisingly it worked, but when i boot into Win98 with the new config.sys I get an error message about gemback.exe causing problem in the kernel. Gemback.exe is part of the AMD power now application...
When I reinstall the old config.sys there is no error message. My tired eyes don´t see what in my config.sys could cause any problems for gemback.exe and what I could do about it. Any ideas?
This is what the old config.sys looked like before
device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
Country=049,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys
This is the new config.sys:
[MENU]
menuitem=Win,Windows98
menuitem=GRUB,Linux
MENUDEFAULT=Win,5
[GRUB]
SHELL=GRUB.EXE
[Win]
device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
Country=049,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys
Similar Threads
-
By Kosslowski in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
-
By raghukp in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 05:17 PM
-
By spunti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 06:01 PM
-
By max-ebb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 10:20 PM
-
By timber in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99