-
Will Knoppix Help Save My Files From Extinction?
I have had problems with my PC recently. I think it's a hardware issue. It kept crashing all of the time so I tried a system restore, and unforuntately it crashed half way through.
Now when I try to boot XP, I get to the login screen and try to enter my password. The mouse works fine but everything freezes as soon as I use my keyboard.
I tried a program called Bart to retrieve the files without XP, but although I can see my files, they amount to 0kbs, presumably because I haven't entered my password or XP encryption.
Therefore my question is: If I booted my computer using Knoppix, could I retrieve my files? Or does anybody know any other way?
Greatly appreciated!
Similar Threads
-
By Hoso001 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2006, 06:58 AM
-
By mrdivad in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-24-2006, 03:51 PM
-
By freelysj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-15-2005, 02:34 PM
-
By christal in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 09:36 PM
-
By santaklaws in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded)
$895.00

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB
$1319.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)
$1600.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

LOT OF 27-Mixed Lot of 8GB (27x8GB=216GB TOTAL) PC3L-12800R ECC REG Server RAM
$99.99