I made a knoppix distro based off of slax linux-live scripts. I booted knoppix 5.0.1 and used mksquashfs from slax 6.0.0 pre3 to make a knoppix.lzm file. I took out /lib/modules in knoppix.lzm since you will have to use slax kernel anyway to get it to boot. This make the knoppix.lzm file 601MB in size. It saved 70mb with everything said and done (this includes the kernel and files on the cd needed to boot). This will make knoppix more module thin the current way. It also makes it more easier to add more programs and fix bugs with a slax layout.
Now the only problem will be the way debian updates the system. This file /var/lib/dpkg/status will have to be make with a script in order to make it as module as it can be.
ps there was a bug with kdelibs-3.5.2 caused uselivemod to crash the kernel. I update it to kdelibs-3.5.3 it works fine now. This is was only with knoppix 5.0.1. I will try to make a slax knoppix based on 5.1.1 this week sometime to test if it still there.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
VMware SD-WAN Edge 640N VeloCloud Dell E42W EnterpriseFirewall 32GB
$127.50