Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Save Knoppix user KDE settings?

  1. #1

    Save Knoppix user KDE settings?

    Hi all

    I'am using Knoppix 5.1.1, I have problems saving my kde settings for the knoppix user.
    When I'm in the chroot'ed environment I do all the changes for the knoppix user profile (icons, autostart,...), then I do the following as root

    mv /etc/skel /etc/skel-old
    mv /home/knoppix /etc/skel
    chown root:root -R /etc/skel
    rm -rf /etc/X11/xorg.conf

    but when I put the iso together and start the bootable CD/DVD it doesn't start with the configured knoppix user profile - that ....ing assistant is always popping up for configuring kde or whatever.

    What else must I do to ensure the configure Knoppix user kde profile is used?


    thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1
    Hi, I have the same problem as you. I searched through older posts and maybe found the answer.

    There's one, named "Bizzarre /etc/skel issues", where the author first asks for help and then answers himself.

    I copy it here, I'm trying it right now. Hope it works!

    smauleon


    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    lorddamax
    Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:17 pmReply with quote

    Nevermind, found the answer after a little more searching.

    The /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession file, at line 128 does NOT copy your /etc/skel to your home directory... it copies /etc/skel/.kde* and /etc/skel/Desktop and ignores everything else.

    Thats a pain in the ass little thing there.

    Fixed it though. Just changed the line to rsync the whole directory.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix firewall won't save settings
    By grasshopper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 08:00 PM
  2. can I save settings to HD?
    By joshknape in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 02:53 AM
  3. How to save settings?
    By Akkarin in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 01:42 AM
  4. How do i save my settings?
    By ricesteam in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 07:31 PM
  5. How to rename the knoppix account and save all settings
    By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS picture

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS

$99.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 5.2GHz 3D V-Cache CPU NEW SEALED picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 5.2GHz 3D V-Cache CPU NEW SEALED

$400.00