I made a knoppix distro based off of slax linux-live scripts. I booted knoppix 5.0.1 and used mksquashfs from slax 6.0.0 pre3 to make a knoppix.lzm file. I took out /lib/modules in knoppix.lzm since you will have to use slax kernel anyway to get it to boot. This make the knoppix.lzm file 601MB in size. It saved 70mb with everything said and done (this includes the kernel and files on the cd needed to boot). This will make knoppix more module thin the current way. It also makes it more easier to add more programs and fix bugs with a slax layout.
Now the only problem will be the way debian updates the system. This file /var/lib/dpkg/status will have to be make with a script in order to make it as module as it can be.
ps there was a bug with kdelibs-3.5.2 caused uselivemod to crash the kernel. I update it to kdelibs-3.5.3 it works fine now. This is was only with knoppix 5.0.1. I will try to make a slax knoppix based on 5.1.1 this week sometime to test if it still there.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98