-
Re: Bad ISO file?

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman

Originally Posted by
fehers_78
... When I downloaded the ISO file I unpacked it (with WinRar)....
The ISO file I'm using now is what I rewrote with NERO and it is now 730MB. I remember the file being under 700MB (about 695) when I downloaded it so this is what makes me think the error message is because the original ISO file was different than the current one I have done with NERO.
You never "unpack" the ISO if you plan on using it.
You can know completely that you have a good ISO by running the md5 sum test against the md5 file that came down with Bittorrent (or is available from the mirrors i you still use 20th century technology).
See
answer #1 for details.
Thanks for the reply. I made the download of the ISO with "E-mule" but never mind. I erased the file and downloaded it again with Bittorrent. To my greatest happyness made the test sum with md5summer and it did not mach on the ISO file. The size is 730,177,536 bytes (looking at the properties of the file) and in the md5sumer window it says somthing like 713,064.00 Kb.
I copyed the file to the /boot/knoppix.501 folder and at startup the exact schreen appears like with the previous ISO file. I'll take a photo of the schreen and post it.
Similar Threads
-
By bonkas in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
-
By ghoststrike in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
-
By sepekte in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
-
By dmedici in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$1029.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00