-
Re: Bad ISO file?

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman

Originally Posted by
fehers_78
... When I downloaded the ISO file I unpacked it (with WinRar)....
The ISO file I'm using now is what I rewrote with NERO and it is now 730MB. I remember the file being under 700MB (about 695) when I downloaded it so this is what makes me think the error message is because the original ISO file was different than the current one I have done with NERO.
You never "unpack" the ISO if you plan on using it.
You can know completely that you have a good ISO by running the md5 sum test against the md5 file that came down with Bittorrent (or is available from the mirrors i you still use 20th century technology).
See
answer #1 for details.
Thanks for the reply. I made the download of the ISO with "E-mule" but never mind. I erased the file and downloaded it again with Bittorrent. To my greatest happyness made the test sum with md5summer and it did not mach on the ISO file. The size is 730,177,536 bytes (looking at the properties of the file) and in the md5sumer window it says somthing like 713,064.00 Kb.
I copyed the file to the /boot/knoppix.501 folder and at startup the exact schreen appears like with the previous ISO file. I'll take a photo of the schreen and post it.
Similar Threads
-
By bonkas in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
-
By ghoststrike in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
-
By sepekte in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
-
By dmedici in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD External Hard Drive, USB 3
$59.99

Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height
$899.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

BUFFALO DriveStation 2TB Duo EXTERNAL HDD, RAID1, USB & Firewire, HD-W2.0TIU2/R1
$66.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J
$70.00