Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
If the md5 sum is bad then there's no point in further trying to define a problem. You could indeed have multiple problems, but the md5 has to be correct before you can expect to go further. My best recomendation is still to restart the torrent with the files all still in place, BityTorrent will check the files and repair any damage.
Thank's Harry. I restarted the torrent and the md5 is matching now. Browsed the forums and updated couple of things according to the recomedations however still not able to boot.

At boot when I choose 'KNOPPIX' (I edited the boot.ini to point to grub) I have the menu list and when choosing boot from hda1 there is the following error message:

Accessing KNOPPIX CD&DVD at /dev/hda2/...insmod:error inserting '/modules/cloop.ko': -1 Bad file found

Heres my menu list (the files and folders on the hard drive C:\ are placed like in the menu list maching character case):

title Knoppix 5.01 from sda1 ISO
kernel (hd0,0)/BOOT/knoppix.511/linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init vga=791 bootfrom=/dev/hda1/BOOT/knoppix.511/KNOPPIX.iso lang=us
initrd (hd0,0)/BOOT/knoppix.511/minirt_511.gz
boot


There are couple of thing I don't understand although I read trough the froums:
1. What is the "init=/etc/init"? I don't have such directory in the root of hda1 (should I?)
2. Why the error message "at /dev/hda2/" when in the menu the bootfrom is defined to hda1
3. What is that "vga=791" in the menu list. That was not in the list by default. I edited the list after reading the forums and saw in many cases it is there.

Just to mention again. My OS is WinXP SP2, three partitions (all NTFS with 6 gigs free space on hda1 - C:\


eco2geek says he managed to boot without CD:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=53128#53131


Hey! Just got it to work with no CD! (Posting from it now.) The drawback is that the loopback file (the big /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file on the CD) has to be on another partition.
What is that 'loopback and/or big file he's mentioning? According to the menu list the /*.iso is on the same partition as the grub, menu.lst etc...

I'm sure I overlooked somthing. Any help would be greatful.