-
Booting from second hdd
Hey guys I successfully installed knoppix 5.1. onto my second hard drive but I can't seem to boot from it. My system is an old ass one running ide slave and master hdd's pentium 1.1 ghz (yeah i know). I currently have XP installed on the master hdd and knoppix on the slave. I did make a boot disk when installing but when the boot disk (grub) looks for knoppix it looks for it on hda 1 not hdb 1 so that gets me no where fast. I checked the floppy and it is setup to chainload hda 1. So my question to you guys is how do i get it fixed? I really don't want to mess with my xp hdd because this is currently my only working desktop at home, not to mention it has a lot of software and files that although backed up i really really really don't want to go and have to reinstall them. Just wondering what would be the best way to go about this and i don't mind having to use a boot disk to be on the safe side.
Thanks,
Tony
Similar Threads
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25