Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Here's what I'm getting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4

    Here's what I'm getting

    Computer is an old dell 8200 2.2ghz pent 4, 512 mb rambus, 80 gig ide hdd.

    When I go to run the live cd i get this nice little message after it recognizes my dvd drive:

    insmod:error inserting' /cdrom/knoppix/modules/cloop.ko:-/ invalid module format

    On the second try i got this:

    Accessing knoppix cd at /dev/hdc...insmod: can't read' /cdrom/knoppix/modules/cloop.ko': I/O error
    can't find knoppix filesystem.

    Any ideas other than md5ing the iso file or burning a new cd? And yes the current cd works on my other 2 no dvd burner computers, but as I've read here that really doesn't mean crap. I'm gonna try a slower burn near 1 x and see wha happens.

    Thanks,

    Tony

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    well did a 1x burn speed and same thing happened. Is this an indication of failing hardware? possibly ram or HDD?

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Very unlikely a hard disk problem, Knoppix can run just fine on systems without a hard disk.

    Rather than wonder about RAM, boot the CD and type memtest at the boot prompt. I doubt it will be memory though, but I certainly don't know it isn't and we have indeed caught a few memory problems this way.

    It might be the optical drive. Or maybe reading throught the cheat code documentation will give you some things to try.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    hehe already ran memtest for a day nothing showed up but seeing as my computer was crashing with xp during memory intensive operations i think it could just be that mem test isn't hitting the ram hard enough to cause it to fail??? First i thought it was just xp, but seeing how i am now having trouble even booting a live cd I believe hardware problems are the key. Oh and i just put in another hdd same problem. I think my comp might be shot...........

  5. #5

    Same thing

    I am getting the same errors, I am running it on a dell 6000 Inspiron Pentium M. Any advice?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


ASUS PRIME H670-PLUS D4 motherboard LGA1700 DDR4 128G HDMI+DP ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H670-PLUS D4 motherboard LGA1700 DDR4 128G HDMI+DP ATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE A520MK V2 microATX AM4 motherboard picture

GIGABYTE A520MK V2 microATX AM4 motherboard

$54.99



GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard picture

Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard

$84.99