Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Here's what I'm getting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4

    Here's what I'm getting

    Computer is an old dell 8200 2.2ghz pent 4, 512 mb rambus, 80 gig ide hdd.

    When I go to run the live cd i get this nice little message after it recognizes my dvd drive:

    insmod:error inserting' /cdrom/knoppix/modules/cloop.ko:-/ invalid module format

    On the second try i got this:

    Accessing knoppix cd at /dev/hdc...insmod: can't read' /cdrom/knoppix/modules/cloop.ko': I/O error
    can't find knoppix filesystem.

    Any ideas other than md5ing the iso file or burning a new cd? And yes the current cd works on my other 2 no dvd burner computers, but as I've read here that really doesn't mean crap. I'm gonna try a slower burn near 1 x and see wha happens.

    Thanks,

    Tony

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    well did a 1x burn speed and same thing happened. Is this an indication of failing hardware? possibly ram or HDD?

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Very unlikely a hard disk problem, Knoppix can run just fine on systems without a hard disk.

    Rather than wonder about RAM, boot the CD and type memtest at the boot prompt. I doubt it will be memory though, but I certainly don't know it isn't and we have indeed caught a few memory problems this way.

    It might be the optical drive. Or maybe reading throught the cheat code documentation will give you some things to try.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    hehe already ran memtest for a day nothing showed up but seeing as my computer was crashing with xp during memory intensive operations i think it could just be that mem test isn't hitting the ram hard enough to cause it to fail??? First i thought it was just xp, but seeing how i am now having trouble even booting a live cd I believe hardware problems are the key. Oh and i just put in another hdd same problem. I think my comp might be shot...........

  5. #5

    Same thing

    I am getting the same errors, I am running it on a dell 6000 Inspiron Pentium M. Any advice?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St... picture

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...

$64.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$167.63



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



7500Mah Portable Compressed Air Duster Multi Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordles picture

7500Mah Portable Compressed Air Duster Multi Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordles

$56.99



(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26 picture

(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26

$49.00



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home picture

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home

$16.99



Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard picture

Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard

$38.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99