Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Here's what I'm getting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4

    Here's what I'm getting

    Computer is an old dell 8200 2.2ghz pent 4, 512 mb rambus, 80 gig ide hdd.

    When I go to run the live cd i get this nice little message after it recognizes my dvd drive:

    insmod:error inserting' /cdrom/knoppix/modules/cloop.ko:-/ invalid module format

    On the second try i got this:

    Accessing knoppix cd at /dev/hdc...insmod: can't read' /cdrom/knoppix/modules/cloop.ko': I/O error
    can't find knoppix filesystem.

    Any ideas other than md5ing the iso file or burning a new cd? And yes the current cd works on my other 2 no dvd burner computers, but as I've read here that really doesn't mean crap. I'm gonna try a slower burn near 1 x and see wha happens.

    Thanks,

    Tony

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    well did a 1x burn speed and same thing happened. Is this an indication of failing hardware? possibly ram or HDD?

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Very unlikely a hard disk problem, Knoppix can run just fine on systems without a hard disk.

    Rather than wonder about RAM, boot the CD and type memtest at the boot prompt. I doubt it will be memory though, but I certainly don't know it isn't and we have indeed caught a few memory problems this way.

    It might be the optical drive. Or maybe reading throught the cheat code documentation will give you some things to try.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    hehe already ran memtest for a day nothing showed up but seeing as my computer was crashing with xp during memory intensive operations i think it could just be that mem test isn't hitting the ram hard enough to cause it to fail??? First i thought it was just xp, but seeing how i am now having trouble even booting a live cd I believe hardware problems are the key. Oh and i just put in another hdd same problem. I think my comp might be shot...........

  5. #5

    Same thing

    I am getting the same errors, I am running it on a dell 6000 Inspiron Pentium M. Any advice?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 1991 Apple Computer Omni Directional Microphone 590-0617-A picture

Vintage 1991 Apple Computer Omni Directional Microphone 590-0617-A

$17.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New picture

vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New

$79.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Apple Vintage 80-Column Interface Card UNTESTED  picture

Apple Vintage 80-Column Interface Card UNTESTED

$29.99



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$22.99



Vintage APPLE MACINTOSH II Desktop PC EMPTY CASE & Power Supply Only UNTESTED picture

Vintage APPLE MACINTOSH II Desktop PC EMPTY CASE & Power Supply Only UNTESTED

$39.90



Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord picture

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord

$44.99



Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984 picture

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984

$179.99



Vintage Apple iBook G3 Clamshell M2453 Dead HDD For Parts As is picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 Clamshell M2453 Dead HDD For Parts As is

$189.99