-
Networking not starting at boot up
Hi All
During boot up, the configs.tbz is read from floppy,
Mesg 'setting up networking' appears, followed by '* /etc/network/options is deprecated...'
I can not access my network until I go through Knoppix > Network/Internet > network card configuration
All my previous settings appear and networking is started up and everything works. Any ideas?
My options file reads:
ip_forward=no
spoofprotect=yes
synccookies=no
I'm running 5.1.1 Live CD
I have spent ages trawling through the forum & how-tos
All suggestions greatly appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
If youre running the live cd then yes you will have to setup your network each time.
If you have done a permanent HD install (not recommended for beginners) then you must install as either a Debian system, or beginner system, these will remember your configuration settings. The CD type install behaes exactly like the cd.
-
manual setup required??
I don't understand this:

Originally Posted by
hal8000
If youre running the live cd then yes you will have to setup your network each time.
When booting knoppix 4.0, I don't have to setup anything....it works immediately. But 5.1.1 does require setup.
Is this by design, or is this a problem I can fix?
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi, I'm also having problems with my knoppix load not auto-starting my network now. I've done the HDD install and never had a problem with the network card starting on start-up until recently. I had some ethernet cable problems and swapped out a faulty cable and now my network card doesn't auto-start? Any idea why? I never had this problem before? Now I have to go into the network config under the knoppix menu and run network card configuration to get on my network. I thought it had an option to autostart but I'm not seeing it anymore? Thanks for any/all ideas and help.
Here's my version.
Code:
root@nuxbox:/home/james# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.12 (root@Knoppix) (gcc-Version 3.3.6 (Debian 1:3.3.6-7)) #2 SMP Tue Aug 9 23:20:52 CEST 2005
-
This is what my /etc/network/interfaces looks like
auto lo wlan0
iface lo inet loopback
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless_mode managed
wireless_rate 54M auto
wireless_channel 11
wireless_essid XXXXXXXX
wireless_key XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
post-up route add default gateway 192.168.0.1
It now starts everytime!!
Similar Threads
-
By darrmik in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-15-2009, 05:03 PM
-
By jwh7 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM
-
By c123 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 07:08 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99