-
Getting Knoppix to fully auto detect all my hardware
I have gotten Knoppix DVD v5.01 installed correctly to my HD.
It works great but doesn't fully Auto detect all my hardware.
The only few bugs that are apparent at this time is it will not mount my USB floppy drive, and it doesn't seem to locate or configure my sound card. DVD movies and audio CD's mount and play only there is no sound. Also CD burning is not a problem as I live already burnt a ISO and backed up my Home files.
Is there a APP in the DVD version that fully detects and lists all the hardware on my system?
Once I have a full listing of all the hardware I can go get support from them in Linux forums to get futher support / Drivers?
.
The only other help I need is how to get "Konqueror" to default to "Detailed List View".
FYI: I created my install as a "As On CD" version. The recommended install kept KDE locking at startup looking for networks. I'm running it as a standalone PC and will be using Dial Up via modem.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You have to remember that knoppix is designed to be used as a Live CD and not an installation, there are plenty of notices about this on the forum.
Having said that, you have chosen to install "as a livecd" which means that each time you boot, your system will default back to the live cd settings.
If you need konquereor to remember settings then you should have installed the system as "debian like" or "beginner" or installed a different linux like Debian Etch or ubuntu.
Soundcard detection is configured with the configure menu "penguin icon" and your usb floppy drive probably wants /etc/fstab modifying, but remember that knoppix after all is a live cd, which is why there are some install flaws on a permanent HD installation. Hope that helps.
-
My Bad
Seems it did detect most of the hardware correctly after all.
I hunted thou the menus and finally located the Grome volume control applets.
Seems all the sliders come bottomed out by default. Once I maxed them out I got all the sound I ever wished for.
Similar Threads
-
By borabora in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2006, 09:59 PM
-
By Aphex_Twin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 10:47 AM
-
By BillyBobber in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 10:09 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 02:39 PM
-
By Dial-IN in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-26-2002, 02:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01