-
Knoppix 5.1.1, Stuck at DOS Prompt
This should be easy, but I am stuck.
Got Knoppix 5.1.1 from "Linux Magazine" (April 2007).
I cannot boot from DVD, so made floppy image from "Baldur.img"
(Help on DVD says use "Boot.Img" as image file (but Baldur.img is only .IMG file on DVD)
Anyway.
I made and booted from floppy into dos, ran loadcd.bat so I can now see the CD
however I don't know how to start knoppix from this dos prompt.
How hard can it be?, but I can't do it and can't find this in the FAQ
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I have no idea what you made, but try making a Smart Boot Manager floppy and see if that can't boot your disc.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
I'm using Knoppix 5.11 Live CD Distro, any idea where boot.img is located
have looked in the Knoppix Directory and done file search of entire CD
but cannot find it.
The install instructions definitely mention burning this image file
to floppy, I just can't find the file.
Or is there an alternative & simple work-around?
Thanks
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Forget about boot.img. Type Smart Boot Manager into Google, download the program that creates a SBM floppy, and use it to produce a floppy (or install to your hard disk MBR to avoid fooling with floppies, but I would do the floppy first to see that it helps).
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By PetersonZF in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-25-2006, 08:17 PM
-
By abbynormal in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:24 AM
-
By Ajak in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 05:58 AM
-
By fmarzocca in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 12:15 AM
-
By Sean in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4
$849.99

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00

Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM M393A2G40DB0-CPB
$104.95

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35