-
NIC connection problems to Netgear WGT624 w/cable
My configuration I am trying to set up is using a '2wire' dsl modem/router (DSW1000), with a cat-5 cable going from it to a newly aquired Netgear WGT624 4 port hub/wireless, and connecting my linux box in one of the ports (along with PS2 etc).
I can connect my linux box fine straigt into the '2wire' dsl modem/router on eth1.
This is the following reported on ifconfig
Code:
eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:05:5D:46:83:85
inet addr:172.16.1.37 Bcast:172.16.255.255 Mask:255.255.0.0
inet6 addr: fe80::205:5dff:fe46:8385/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:1637 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1329 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:1227650 (1.1 MiB) TX bytes:200960 (196.2 KiB)
Interrupt:5 Base address:0x8700
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
I have turned off DHCP on the Netgear, and can still wirelessly connect a laptop running XP to it.
When I try to run that cat5 cable to the Netgear and plug my linux box into a port (any of the ports), I have no luck getting eth1 up and running.
I have tried numerous times to use the "network card configuration" utilizing various addresses such as:
IP addrss 172.16.1.37
Broadcast 172.16.255.255
mask 255.255.0.0
with NO luck.
I have pump -i eth1 on many attempts, and I have tried different addresses in the configuration. The pump comes back as failing.
I am using AT&T (old SBCglobal) as the DSL provider.
What do I need to do to get my eth1 NIC card when connected to the Netgear hub/router to get a good connection and access to the internet.
I am willing to check various settings if someone will need more information to help me figure this out.
Thanks
Jerry
Similar Threads
-
By HoBiT in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:13 PM
-
By emilia in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2004, 02:10 AM
-
By mharazin78 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 07:36 PM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 05:32 AM
-
By Dagger in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 03:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

π Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12Γ Gigabit PoE+ β’ 2Γ 10G SFP+ Compact Switch β‘
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99