Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: SU error when I click on Synaptic

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7

    SU error when I click on Synaptic

    I am a relatively new to this, I thought things were working fine. I first tried to do a apt-get update and got a error about no public key available to sidux.com, I thought well I would try using snaptic
    then I got SU error, apparently my user id is not in the sudoers file. How do I get this fixed so that i can run synaptic ? I have knoppix installed to the Hard drive.

    Well I got part of this fixed, I edited the /etc/group using Nano ,(made a backup copy first) and put my useridname in after adm:4:username then saved and edited the sudoers file and adding %adm ALL=(ALL) ALL
    that allowed me to use snaptic
    However I still get W: GPG error: http://sidux.com sid Release: couldnt be verified because its public key was not available. NO_PUBKEY 3916C431F80994F6 , I will post this under a different heading.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    122
    The su error is covered in detail in this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26361



    The GPG error is no big deal - you need the public key from http://sidux.com. If its not posted there with install instructions conact them.


    Take care,
    -Justin
    One Mynds Eye

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7
    No luck at the Sidux forum, no - one wants to reasearch a issue that is percieved to be Knoppix issue. I have just optioned it out of my sources.list
    the issue for me is closed.

Similar Threads

  1. one click PPPoE connection
    By loksipan in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 08:24 AM
  2. Just a click better
    By WaKa in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 10:18 PM
  3. How do you turn off tap click with a touchpad.
    By gotsanity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:28 AM
  4. error installing synaptic
    By riechert in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2004, 10:19 AM
  5. error installing synaptic
    By riechert in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 11:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit picture

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit

$399.00



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67



Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White  picture

Vacloong Vacuum-Sealed 3D Printing Filament Kit, 20 Packs PUMP+20P, White

$18.99