-
Gateway Solo 5100 won't boot
I've been using Knoppix for quite some time now, and when I acquired an older Solo 5100 from a family member, I decided that using a live CD would be the best way to maximize the small hard disk size. However, with nearly every single disk I've tried, the computer hangs after the "Looking for CD in /dev/hdc" message. The disk is fine; it boots on my desktop, and doing "knoppix testcd" confirmed that there is nothing wrong with the disk. "failsafe" boots fine, but I'd like to be able to, at the very least, use PCMCIA for my wireless network and compact flash adapter. Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By cgeoff1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-04-2005, 03:10 AM
-
By mwdowns in forum Laptops
Replies: 30
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By Rivix in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 11:48 AM
-
By JordyC in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 04:50 PM
-
By beecee in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco IP Phone CP-8821 No Battery C2-F3
$185.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99