-
I'm having the same problem using the 5.1.1 dvd Knoppix distro and an 8gig Corsair VoyagerGT flash drive.
so far I have managed to changed ro mode to rw for my flash drive (sdb4 on my sys) as well as for the two partitions of my hard drive (sda2 and sda5), but only for and through the root.
when I type mount in root I get (this is from memory, as I haven't had the time to setup the network for it yet):
/dev/sda2 on /cdrom ntfs (ro,.... can't remember the rest)
/dev/sda5 on /cdrom ntfs (ro,.... same)
/dev/sdb4 on /cdrom none none (rw, open)
then there are the two cloops
and then the ###knoppix added
/media/sdb4 on /cdrom vfat (rw, ....,umask=000,... again can't recall the rest)
/cdrom on /media/sdb4 and same as above.
that's after I already did:
mount -o remount,rw /media/sdb4
mount --bind /cdrom /media/sdb4
At this point I can write to any of the drives from the root shell (including /cdrom), and only from there.
It's impossible to mount anything from the desktop, whenever I try it opens up the /cdrom dir
My guess would go toward the binding to the two sda partitions (my hdd with xp and storage partitions), but it's just a guess, as I'm still quite a newbie with Linux in general.
Oh, and my flash drive is formatted into one bootable partition (7.7GB), and boots in about 15 seconds, which is beautiful, but with out any form of rw, even to other drives, it kind of defeats the purpose.
Similar Threads
-
By Quixand in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2007, 10:03 PM
-
By pitiful_n00b in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-02-2007, 01:19 PM
-
By happyhkv in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-04-2005, 05:49 PM
-
By rayk2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 11:45 PM
-
By JetCowBoB in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2003, 05:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99