-
Update: Not sure how relevant to this specific thread, but I think I solved the entire issue by redistributing the entire pendrive installation on my flash drive.
I did as follows:
1. format entire drive, make bootable (using whichever way you wish)
2. create second partition in roughly the size of your knoppix cd (dvd in my case) and copy the contents of the cd/dvd into it, then resize so you can squeeze all the free space back to the first partition.
3. copy the contents of the boot dir into the first partition, so it will boot to the knoppix cheatcode screen, then hand the process over to the full image in the second partition.
4. (optional) copy backed up contents of the data partition into the first partition.
Now the deal is simple: I want a data partition accessible on windows machines (with portableApps on it, of course), and I want the flash drive to boot knoppix where possible (depending on machine).
I'm not entirely sure how it will affect all the drives on desktop being mounted/bound to /cdrom, but I suspect that issue had much to do with the fact that the flash drive being an hdd and not the cd rom, or any cd rom for that matter, warped the way knoppix detects devices at startup and links them to the desktop.
Hopefully this will change for the better.
Might have to use fromhd= for this, haven't checked yet.
Similar Threads
-
By Quixand in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2007, 10:03 PM
-
By pitiful_n00b in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-02-2007, 01:19 PM
-
By happyhkv in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-04-2005, 05:49 PM
-
By rayk2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 11:45 PM
-
By JetCowBoB in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-12-2003, 05:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00