-
Boot loader problem with XP Pro/Knoppix Dual boot
I was hoping I could find some help here. I am new to Knoppix and tried to create a dual boot with XP Pro. I have 2 hard drives. An 80Gb SATA with XP on it and a separate 20Gb IDE hard drive with Knoppix on it. I installed Knoppix to the root partition on the 20Gb, not the MBR. When I boot up I have to have a floppy in that has a copy of the MBR in order for it to boot. I am not sure how to get a boot loader option that works. I ended up adding a "Knopppix" option but when I choose it without the floppy in, I get an endless loop of "GRUB' on the screen. Like I said I am a Linux newbie, so any help would be great..........
Similar Threads
-
By cli168 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:57 AM
-
By jacko0 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 01:51 PM
-
By styven in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 08:49 AM
-
By hukdonfonix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By J.A.X in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 02:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08