-
Knoppix 5.0.1 and Wireless
Im a complete newbie to linux, and a friend gav me a CD with Knopix 5.0.1 on it. I love it. I dont really play games on my lappy due to the anemic video card, (Intel 945GM). But I do use it for applications, movies, and internet. The application and movie parts of this os are great. I cant get my wireless to work thou. I have a Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 A/B/G wireless card. Ive tried iwconfig and it says no hardware found. Can you guys give me any advice on this? I would definetly think of switching the laptop to at least dual boot if I can get my wireless working properly. P.S. Im already looking into putting linuxonto my desktop. I LOVE LINUX, lol.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Im not sure which kernel 5.0.1 comes with but there are kernel modules for the Intel Wireless 3945A/B chipset. These "drivers" are compiled against various archiectectures for a 2.6.18.1 kernel.
It will first be necessary to run apt-get update then use synaptic and search for all Intel drivers.
You also need to run uname -a to find which kernel you are running, as you may have to upgrade the kernel as well.
Similar Threads
-
By l951b951 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-30-2007, 07:41 AM
-
By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
-
By rpk073 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

For Cisco SFP-10G-T-X Transceiver Multi-Rate 1G/2.5G/5G/10G SFP+ to RJ-45 Module
$66.31

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50