Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem installing yahoo messenger.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1

    Problem installing yahoo messenger.

    Hi....... I'm new to the forum and linux but have had a little experience with centos whilst still running windows. I've now made the leap and have ditched windows completely and have chosen Knoppix 5.1.1 to replace it. It is very stable and no problems at all running it on a Sony Vaio. Gradually I am customising it to my requirements. One problem I can't figure is why I can't get it to install the yahoo messenger client using the dpkg command. Am I missing something glaringly obvious or should I be using a different way of installing it?

    Apologies if it's been covered before but I've searched the forum and can't find a similar thread.

    Thanks......

    Tim.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Problem installing yahoo messenger.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat
    ... I'm new to the forum and linux but ... I've now made the leap and have ditched windows completely and have chosen Knoppix 5.1.1 to replace it. ...
    Not the best choice, IMHO. Knoppix is a great Live CD, but is not the best distro to replace Windows as a hard disk system, particularly for someone new to Linux. I would suggest that you consider Debian Etch or some other distro intended for hard disk install.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Yahoo Messenger
    By mycelcius in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 01:10 PM
  2. Installing yahoo messenger?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 10:30 PM
  3. Yahoo Messenger on klik
    By solaris in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2004, 02:23 AM
  4. Instal Yahoo Messenger
    By evilkat in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 06:27 AM
  5. yahoo messenger
    By magoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 05:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00