Please see answer #2.Originally Posted by Student
Hi,
I'm using Knoppix 5.1.1 and I installed it on my PC harddisk using the root shell by calling (knoppix-installer) command
Here comes my problem in steps:
I went to Shell Root > Typed SU (without any other thing)
Result: > "SU Returned with ERROR"
Now I can't open the Shell Root at all to do my work and whenever I try to open it I get the same error "SU Returned with ERROR" even after restarting. I also can't run applications under Knoppix category in the KMenu.
The question is: How can I recover so I can use the Root Shell?
Or
If I opt to re-install Knoppix can you guide me to a way that allow me to re-install it?
Please see answer #2.Originally Posted by Student
Hi Harry Kuhman,
I do respect your opinion and appreciate your advise BUT I have to install Knoppix because it is a task I have to complete for my project.
So Please if you have any idea regarding the issue or any other links I can refer to solve my problem I would be greatly thankful.
Regards
As a possible work-around, try opening a regular shell, then type "sudo su -".
Hi Kirol,
Thanks for your support but I'm not in the list of the sudoers, this message was give to me when I tried to apply your command.
Regards
Does this imply that you can run *some* other applications from the KMenu, i.e. that you do have the KDE desktop ?Originally Posted by Student
If so, then this thread may help: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...577&highlight=
(otherwise you may have a more fundamental problem with your installation, in which case we would need a more detailed description of the steps that you achieved in your installation process).

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SK hynix PC801 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 Internal SSD HFS512GDE9X081N
$90.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00