-
Knoppix V5.1.1 + VirtualBox
Hey all - brand new to this forum as well as a Linux n00b. I decided on Knoppix because of the Live CD feature, and I've searched around for a topic on my question, but it wasn't really about my question.
I want to use http://www.virtualbox.org to run Knoppix. Another thread discussed having used VMWare to run same, but that doesn't really address my issue. Does anyone have a quick answer to getting started with Knoppix using VirtualBox? I guess my question is are there any issues that I should be aware of before loading up VB and then running Knoppix as the guest?
I have a P1.75 Ghz/Win2k box with 512mb RAM, which, should be more than enough to run Knoppix as the guest. But I don't want to hose my system screwing around with Linux distros, either. And while I do have a laptop, it is way too problematic because of the very nature of laptops. Probably a whole lot easier to just use the desktop for screwing around with Linux distros running as guests on virtual machines.
Similar Threads
-
By ex-para in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-19-2009, 08:42 AM
-
By sucram.resse in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
-
By johnrw in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 40
Last Post: 01-29-2009, 01:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01