-
5.1 knoppix-installer error
I have Knoppix 3.8 installed on hda2, but recently I have been running Kubuntu 6.1 on hdd1. I added a new SATA drive (160GB) and used Knoppix 4.0 DVD to fdisk the partitions and mkfs ext3 the drive (sda1-sda
. When I tried to install using the knoppix-installer from the 5.1 CD I created, I get an I/O error while configuring sda1 (happens right away and I think qtparted is running) and the error message is something about the capability is not supported (sorry I am at work and I can't remember the exact error). When I went into the console, I could not redo the mkfs for that partiton. Will Knoppix 5.1 work with SATA drives? Any suggestions? I guess I am leaning towards going back to 4.0 and trying the install.
Thanks,
-
The error I get is: "Error: File system has an incompatible feature enabled." It would at least be nice to know what feature it does not like.
Thanks,
Similar Threads
-
By dr_s99 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:23 PM
-
By Jesse in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By bfc in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 10:01 PM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 15
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 02:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98