Helllo there,
thanks to Knoppix and these forums I have a working installation of Debian. Very nice and quick it is too.
Some issues.
Query 1
Network card not starting automatically. However, after boot if I use netcardconf or ifup to start it, it then works fine. /etc/network/interfaces has the following apropriate lines
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp
Query 2
I have a Toshiba 6000 Satellite Pro laptop.
In all the Linuxes(?) I have put on it the keyboard repeat mode is too fast so that extra characters are always inserted. More of a problem in console. How do i slow this??
Query 3
Usually if I switch to console (CTRL-ALT-F1) from X, X crashes out and either dumps me at login manager or console prompt, depending on where it was started. Again this is not Knoppix specific or even machine specific. But it is highly annoying.
Thanks for any help in advance
Richard

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco NC55-RP-E V02 NCS 5500 Route Processor SyncE 32GB RAM Tested Pull Y2023
$999.00
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Grade A Micron Cisco 64GB PC4-3200AA DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2 LOT
$599.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco SFP-25G-SR-S 10-3227-03 25GBASE-SR SFP28 850nm 100m MMF LC Transceiver
$115.00
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89