-
Knoppix on an old laptop - alternative to X? Qtopia? SWM?
Hi,
I carry a knoppix cd around to show to all my friends - I really think is fantastic, my sysadmin almost had a heart attack when he thougt I had installed Linux on my machine!
however, I have an old dell laptop (233 mmx, 64mb of ram) and it is just unusable. I know about having a swap file, but I thought that it would be better to use a less resource consuming GUI. Problem is, I don't have the knowledge to tweak knoppix into this... My reasoning is: if a Zaurus runs smoothly Qtopia, my laptop should do too... Am I wrong? Of course, having a knoppix using Qtopia would be ideal for older systems if you still want to have a GUI...
Here are some interesting links:
http://www.linux.org/apps/all/GUI/Window_Managers.html
http://qpe.sourceforge.net/
http://www.small-window-manager.de/
http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net
http://www.plig.org/xwinman/others.html
http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/wm2/
http://www.boognish.org.uk/enh/lwm/
http://flwm.sourceforge.net/
Similar Threads
-
By lestat730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 12:16 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 08:47 PM
-
By guigui in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 11:49 PM
-
By ps420 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2002, 09:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00