Does the old 'netcardconfig' (or kmenu//KNOPPIX//network-internet/Network_card_configuration) command still survive in knoppix 5.1?
Sorry I'm still on 3.7![]()
I installed Knoppix 5.1 on my hard drive. How can I enable my LAN connection? I am such a n00b.
Does the old 'netcardconfig' (or kmenu//KNOPPIX//network-internet/Network_card_configuration) command still survive in knoppix 5.1?
Sorry I'm still on 3.7![]()
it generally auto-works unless you have a weird lan
or a giga-bit card
post your
lspci
listing to make sure the network adapter is working
check in
Knoppix - System - KInfoCenter
under
Network Interfaces
to see your config
and to re-DHCP a connection there is
Knoppix - Knoppix - Network/Internet - Network card configuration

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30