I am using the latest version of Knoppix (5.1.1) and I created a persistent disk image. If another version comes out, ex: 5.2, can i use the persistent disk image i created with 5.1.1., and merge it with the new version 5.2?
I am using the latest version of Knoppix (5.1.1) and I created a persistent disk image. If another version comes out, ex: 5.2, can i use the persistent disk image i created with 5.1.1., and merge it with the new version 5.2?
Quoting Mr. Klaus Knopper:
Thanks Mr. KnopperIt should be possible, however, some of the base files like the installed package database and kernel modules will be different. For the kernel modules, it should be sufficient to delete /KNOPPIX.IMG/lib/modules/old-kernel-version, and for the installed package database, you can probably just issue an "apt-get update".

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00