Hi all,
My laptop is old enough that it doesn't know anything about booting from USB. Can I use the tohd cheat so that I can just pop my knoppix onto my external drive, initially boot it using the CD and then use the /fromhd to have it continue on.
If that works, can I install/remove packages etc, create files and so on without the need for creating the home location.
Apologies if this has been asked before - I've googled this a bit but I can't seem to get a definitive answer.
Howto's / URLs would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89