Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN Driver

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2

    Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN Driver

    Hey I just switched to Knoppix and am really new to linux, I dont know how to find or install drivers but Knoppix does not detect my WLAN card, the only real info I have is that the card is a Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN I dont know if there is more information that I can provide to make finding a driver easier but any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate windows but cannot really make the switch until I have my wireless up...

    Thanks for all your help.

    Fletch

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282
    Step 1 is to list your hardware. From a linux terminal type

    lcpci -v

    and post the output

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2
    I am sure this is a rediculously newbie question, trying to use that command and it says...

    "bash: lcpci: command not found"

    really dont know what to do at this point, it seems that the pci might refer to a mcpci card that would have wifi, but my wireless card is internal if that helps. Is there possibly another command where I can run through the hardware I have?

    Thanks again for your help...

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282
    Sorry, mu mistake a typo:
    the command should be:

    lspci -v

    this will list the pci bus on your computer.

Similar Threads

  1. Broadcom b43 driver firmware download help
    By Captain_MDS in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 10:53 PM
  2. Compile new Broadcom 4401 driver
    By willbrown in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 02:00 PM
  3. KNX 5.1.1 wont boot with Broadcom 4306 WLAN...
    By posmanet in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 03:28 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
  5. could please the broadcom driver be included
    By Uwe Brauer in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 11:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel Core i7-6700 3.40 GHz QUAD Core (4 Core) Desktop Processor 8MB LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-6700 3.40 GHz QUAD Core (4 Core) Desktop Processor 8MB LGA 1151

$29.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4 picture

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4

$229.95