-
White screen of DEATH. (Laptop install) Averatec 3120
Okay, I have an Averatec 3120 (formally Sotec) laptop. ( www.averatec.com for specs)... anyway, I simply cannot get Knoppix (or DemoLinux) to run. As soon as it starts to load I get a white screen and it freezes. Now, I can use the command "Linux video=vga16
ff" and it boots to the command promt fine... but no graphics for me. I have tried every command I could find, and read everything I could find... with no success. I am starting to thing I am stuck with windows on this new laptop. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. . .
ps - It loads fine on other computers.
Similar Threads
-
By myjess in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 07:51 PM
-
By your_breakfast in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:20 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 03:40 PM
-
By Veclord in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:13 AM
-
By JMichael in forum Laptops
Replies: 24
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 08:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem
$395.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge T440 Tower Server Intel Xeon 2.20GHz No HDD No RAM
$250.00