I am a refugee from the now defunct Kanotix, so be gentle please![]()
I recently installed to hard disk version 5.1x of Knoppix.
Logged in as "root" I was trying to write a simple BASH script when I encountered the following problem.
1) I created a BASH script called "restoreold.sh"
2) In KDE I right clicked on the file and set the permissions to r/w and executable( important!)
3) I check the permissions in Konqueror to verifiy that the file is indeed executable.
4) I edit the file with Kate or Kwrite and save.
5) When I check the permissions of the file I have just saved in Konqueror the executable status has vanished!!![]()
6) If I do 1) through 3) but instead open up a terminal screen/window and use "mc" (Midnight Commander) to edit the file the executable permission is maintained!!![]()
The maintainance of the executable status is the "expected" behavour that I learned using Kanotix. This is what I expect to happen if I am editing a simple BASH script.
Am I doing something wrong in KDE? Please help as having to chmod the script file to executable after an edit is a major waste of time. The best analogy is having to cold boot the system everytime to recompile source code!!!
Thanks for your help.

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$47988.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00