I am a refugee from the now defunct Kanotix, so be gentle please![]()
I recently installed to hard disk version 5.1x of Knoppix.
Logged in as "root" I was trying to write a simple BASH script when I encountered the following problem.
1) I created a BASH script called "restoreold.sh"
2) In KDE I right clicked on the file and set the permissions to r/w and executable( important!)
3) I check the permissions in Konqueror to verifiy that the file is indeed executable.
4) I edit the file with Kate or Kwrite and save.
5) When I check the permissions of the file I have just saved in Konqueror the executable status has vanished!!![]()
6) If I do 1) through 3) but instead open up a terminal screen/window and use "mc" (Midnight Commander) to edit the file the executable permission is maintained!!![]()
The maintainance of the executable status is the "expected" behavour that I learned using Kanotix. This is what I expect to happen if I am editing a simple BASH script.
Am I doing something wrong in KDE? Please help as having to chmod the script file to executable after an edit is a major waste of time. The best analogy is having to cold boot the system everytime to recompile source code!!!
Thanks for your help.

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch
$175.00