Hello all,
I have a small problem while working with create_compressed_fs tool. I downloaded KNOPPIX 5.1.1 iso, copy its content to my hdd. Then I extracted KNOPPIX compressed image by extracted_compressed_fs tool. The version of cloop I use is 2.05-1, because exactly this version is used in KNOPPIX 5.1.1. After extracting I try to compress this image (without mounting and modification of image!) by create_compressed_fs tool. But the size of new compressed image is 30Mb greater! I tried to use '-b' option - but no luck. Also I tried variouse block sizes, even 4Mb, the difference in size is less, but it's still about 15Mb.
Here is the commands:
$ cloop-2.05/extract_compressed_fs KNOPPIX > KNOPPIX.img
$ ls -l KNOPPIX
-rw-r--r-- 1 vass vass 723905561 Apr 12 17:25 KNOPPIX
$ ls -l KNOPPIX.img
-rw-rw-r-- 1 vass vass 2045902848 Apr 12 17:38 KNOPPIX.img
$ cloop-2.05/create_compressed_fs -b - 65536 < KNOPPIX.img > KNOPPIX-recompressed-65536-b
$ ls -l KNOPPIX-recompressed-65536-b
-rw-rw-r-- 1 vass vass 754331717 Apr 16 13:18 KNOPPIX-recompressed-65536-b
Can somebody explain me, why it happens?
Thank you,
Vasily.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99