-
KNOPPIX compressed image is 30Mb bigger after recompressing
Hello all,
I have a small problem while working with create_compressed_fs tool. I downloaded KNOPPIX 5.1.1 iso, copy its content to my hdd. Then I extracted KNOPPIX compressed image by extracted_compressed_fs tool. The version of cloop I use is 2.05-1, because exactly this version is used in KNOPPIX 5.1.1. After extracting I try to compress this image (without mounting and modification of image!) by create_compressed_fs tool. But the size of new compressed image is 30Mb greater! I tried to use '-b' option - but no luck. Also I tried variouse block sizes, even 4Mb, the difference in size is less, but it's still about 15Mb.
Here is the commands:
$ cloop-2.05/extract_compressed_fs KNOPPIX > KNOPPIX.img
$ ls -l KNOPPIX
-rw-r--r-- 1 vass vass 723905561 Apr 12 17:25 KNOPPIX
$ ls -l KNOPPIX.img
-rw-rw-r-- 1 vass vass 2045902848 Apr 12 17:38 KNOPPIX.img
$ cloop-2.05/create_compressed_fs -b - 65536 < KNOPPIX.img > KNOPPIX-recompressed-65536-b
$ ls -l KNOPPIX-recompressed-65536-b
-rw-rw-r-- 1 vass vass 754331717 Apr 16 13:18 KNOPPIX-recompressed-65536-b
Can somebody explain me, why it happens?
Thank you,
Vasily.
Similar Threads
-
By RNK in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-25-2007, 03:44 PM
-
By ILoveKagome in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2006, 07:33 AM
-
By L@ Cible in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-24-2005, 04:33 PM
-
By snarkbait in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-05-2005, 04:00 AM
-
By SillyFly in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2003, 09:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit USB Flash Drive
$25.99

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99